CDM / HEALTH & SAFETY
The Principle Contractor’s Duties
Whilst previously under CDM 2007, a Construction Phase Plan was only required when a project was notifiable, this is no longer the case.
Below is a summary of the newly amended responsibilities for Contractors / Principal Contractors.
- Construction Phase Plan now required for all projects
- No additional duties are given upon notification
- A Principal Contractor is appointed where this likely to be more than one contractor
- Has responsibility for completing the H&S file if the PD appointed finishes before the end of the works.
How can we assist you?
- Assisting you in fulfilling the Client duties and assist you with the preparation and production of construction phase plan (required for all construction projects including domestic client)
- Assist you with the creation of Fire plans / risk assessments / method statements
- Assisting you with your legal requirement to provide information, instruction, training and supervision
For further information from the HSE website, please click here
To contact us for further information and to discuss how we can assist you to fulfil your obligations, click here