Principal Design Consultant
We understand that taking on the additional CDM duties atop of your considerable responsibilities as a designer or as a Client finding your feet, will be challenging.
We at GNA know first hand what this responsibility entails and are on hand to assist you in a consultancy capacity or even take on this responsibility entirely so you can concentrate on the project.
The provision of the Principal Designer role (Direct to Clients).
- Co-ordinating the work of others in the project team to ensure that significant and foreseeable risks are managed throughout the design process
- Discuss the risks that should be addressed during the pre-construction phase
- Decide on the control measures to be adopted; agree the information that will help in preparing the construction phase plan
- Ensuring everyone involved in working on the pre-construction phase cooperates with each other and establish that effective communication is occurring and that information is shared within the project team
- Assist the client with their duties to provide pre-construction information
- Assist the Principal Contractor with the preparation of the Construction Phase Plan
- Prepare the health and safety file, reviewing, updating and revising it as the project progresses.
We can also provide consultancy services to designers appointed as Principal Designer
- As per the Principal Designer services above but as a nominated sub-consultant to the designer with control over the pre-construction who will be appointed as the “Principal Designer” to fulfil the Principal Designer role on their behalf.
If you would like to contact us to discuss how we can assist you further, click here.